Wednesday 3 August 2022

Looking back

 I was looking back on old blog posts yesterday - I can't remember what I was looking for before I found myself stepping back in time - but it made me quite nostalgic.  

Once upon a time there was a group of bloggers, initially brought together through a shared love of scrapbooking which then developed into a group of storytellers and experience sharers.  Over the years, one by one they dropped out of the group.  Hobbies changed, circumstances changed, families changed.  But when I looked back through some of the blog posts I realised that many of the ideas that we blogged about were prompted by a lovely lady named Sian.  Her imagination kick started our imaginations and her enthusiasm for new blog projects was very contagious.  She was also the one responsible for reviving my interest in knitting.  Without Sian, there would have been no home knitted socks in my wardrobe!  Then life moved on and Sian opened a wool shop and time for blogging was hard for her to find.  

When I look back and see the weekly/monthly memes I realise how much I miss the 'Storytelling Sunday', 'Memos, Mail and Me', 'Let's sit and have a cup of tea', 'Simply a Moment' ... there were so many tales to tell and people to share them with.  

What I realised most was that my blog posts are not of the same standard that they were then!  When I had less time (I was still working) I seemed to put more thought into what I was writing.  Or maybe as they were weekly or monthly prompts I just had more time to plan them?  But it has me wondering, maybe I should revive some of these ideas.  Shake up my blog a little by revisiting the past ideas.  

Maybe if I put my intentions out there in the blogosphere I will feel more inclined to actually do it, rather than just keep my intentions to myself!  So with that in mind, I am going to try and remember to make the first Friday in every month a 'Let's sit down and have a cup of tea' day.  A day where I'll put the kettle on and we'll have a chat about what is going on around here.  

I'll see you on Friday!  

4 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Deb a very thoughtful post & like you I have been revisiting the "reasons why we (I) blog". Maybe in uncomfortableness with this whole woke thing, people are reluctant or fearful to share some thoughts. I think Sian & Alexa brought us some wonderful moments in blogging & crafting. I cannot promise to share in the Friday posts, but I certainly look forward to reading yours. ... Mary-Lou

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Good idea Deb, see you on Friday! I sometimes look back at my other two blog sites - one was started in 2006, the other was about scrapbooking and card making.They're more amateurish than Is This Mutton, but I love how they're an archive of my life, particularly the first one which was just my observations and ramblings!I didn't cover fashion at all in either of those blogs.

Barbara Eads said...

I'm so sad to have lost so many blogging and scrapbooking friends. It almost seems like it's gone by the wayside. Luckily, I still have a group who are enthusiastic. None of them are bloggers. I miss Sian and am so grateful I ever found her because that's how I found YOU! I miss those post ideas too. My favorite was Storytelling Sunday. Maybe I'll revive that one! Thanks for the lovely reminder!

Jane said...

This so struck home with me I used to love blogging and keep thinking of starting up again. Will be reading your bog posts with interest x