Friday 2 September 2022

Let's sit and have a cup of tea - September

So pleased that you found us ok.  I forgot to mention last month that we would be away for a long weekend.  Isn't the scenery around here lovely?  Before we get chatting properly, let's put the kettle on and make a drink. There’s a nice table and chairs outside on the patio, let’s sit there.

That's better!  We've only just arrived ourselves to be honest and Coco is still getting to know all the smells of her holiday home.  



We always try to take a few days away with her every year, I do a lot of research for 'dog friendly accommodation' and 'dog friendly pubs'.  We've always been pleasantly surprised how welcoming pubs can be and quite often she is served first with a treat and a bowl of water.  We're planning to also pop in and see my friend Julia who moved out this way a few years ago.  Coincidently this weekend she has some other house guests who are mutual friends who emigrated to Australia many, many years ago. Plus another friend who moved to Dorset is coming too so it is going to be lovely to see so many people that we haven't seen for far too long.

When I last invited you for a cuppa and a chat we were still in the middle of our heatwave but that broke in a spectacular fashion with a thunderstorm which shook the house and that front lawn which was so parched last month does now actually have a few blades of green grass growing through.  

This week was my last of my normal childminding activities and it felt a bit strange but I am sure I will soon get used to my new normal.  Coco is also pleased that we have a high chair sized visitor on Wednesdays because that's a sure bet that there will be a few bits and pieces thrown over the sides at lunchtime for her to clear up!  Once children get bigger and eat more politely there's much less heading towards the floor.

Apparently I’ve been on my iPad long enough and Coco is anxious to get to know the lay of the land around here so I will say goodbye for now and will share more details when we get home. Bye for now, have a safe journey home!




5 comments:

Jennifer said...

So glad you took a moment to visit...and thanks for the chat. The patio is lovely - and I'm so glad Coco could join us. You know I would have a little treat for her! It sounds like the spot to be for visiting and catching up with old friends! I hope you have a great time. Be sure to share some photos when you return home!!

Barbara Eads said...

Your holiday sounds lovely. I didn't know that you could take your pet to the pubs. I'm not sure you can do that here. Loved catching up with all of your bits!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

How lovely to have a holiday with Coco. It looks and sounds idyllic.

Patio Postcards said...

Good Morning, yes please to a cup of tea. How lovely is this little cottage & what a delightful get away. No we had no problems finding you, it was such a scenic drive here, we are actually thinking of a long weekend here ourselves. What a good girl Coco is, ensuing all the scents that abound in a new to her place, are as they should be. I bet there are some nice walks to be discovered.

Well thanks for the tea, off we go, I think I saw a bookstore just as we came into this area. Hope you enjoy the rest & break before the new normal of child minding begins. Now here's a treat for Coco.

Ruth said...

I missed joining you on Friday, apologies ... I hope to join you next month.