Monday 24 October 2022

Me on Monday

 Let's start the week with a photo that I took when we were visiting a craft centre in the Cotswolds

Caption says 'Boris - Oh Dear'

All I'm saying is that I am hoping that the speculation in the papers this weekend doesn't come to anything.  

No babysitting in the diary this week!  We used the fact that we were not going to be able to cook much in the evenings on the days we were looking after the grandchildren as an excuse to have lunch out - two days in a row!  A delicious Franco Manco pizza on Friday and a Giggling Squid Thai tapas lunch on Saturday.  

So what is on the agenda for this week?  An appointment with an ENT consultant which I'm not looking forward to.  Not because of what he's likely to do but more the prospect of more invasive treatment for nasal polyps.  

On the social front we are going to a local venue to see our friend's daughter perform.  You will possibly have heard of her - she represented Britain in Eurovision a few years ago under the name 'Surie'.  She's performing alongside two other local performers, one of which went to school with our son.  Always good to support local talent.

Then a meal out with friends on Friday evening to round off the week before birthday celebrations for Olive on Saturday - where oh where has that year gone?  In that time she has seen two monarchs and three prime ministers!  

We had torrential rain and thunderstorms over the weekend but have woken to a bright but breezy day - my plan to tidy up the front garden today may be able to go ahead after all.  What's in your diary for the week ahead?


5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Hopefully The Universe hasn't heard that whisper of "no child minding" scheduled (lol).

I like that statue at the art show - such a good reflection of Boris or as Ruth calls him BoJo. I did read that he's declining to run again (phew you dogged that one).

What fun to go see your friend's daughter perform; it's good to say you watched her star climb.

Barbara Eads said...

It's nice to have a light week once in awhile! Although doctor's appointments are never fun. I hope that all goes well for you. As for the rain--we need some! We're ready to have our sprinkler system winterized but have to wait until we Geta few days of good rain.

Ruth said...

They say that 24 hours is a long time in politics ... young Olive really has had quite the first year! Thank goodness that there is someone now in charge and the government can get on with what they were elected to do, namely governing!

I was also in the garden earlier, sweeping up the thousands of leaves brought down in yesterday's thunderstorms.

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Phew, danger averted on the Boris front!

Strange to think that both of our Olives have seen 3 prime ministers and 2 monarchs, the latter the same number for you and me!

Susanne said...

Well, I think you deserved those lunches out. I hope the ENT appointment goes well; 10 years ago I had surgery for a crazy polyp brought on by my allergies, mine said. Afterwards, I couldn't believe how much easier it was to breathe and sleep quietly. I should not have delayed dealing with it, but I hope you are lucky to find a less invasive solution.