Monday 17 April 2023

Me on a Monday

The sky is blue, it isn't raining, it feels a bit warmer and we have a back to normal week this week - which is handy because last week wore me out!  

We started the week with Easter Monday when we had all the family here, that's now ten people to cook for - lucky I enjoy cooking eh?  It's fun to see the cousins playing together, but typical of me, I forgot to take any photos!

There was a hairdressing appointment on Tuesday, followed by an afternoon of looking after L&R.  We had Olive here all day Wednesday.  Zumba was on Thursday and then I had a mammogram at lunchtime.  Followed by an afternoon of looking after L&R.  We had to be up early on Friday to take Max and Olive to their nursery as our son was on a cycling weekend with his friend in Norfolk and Sophie needed to be in London for work.  As you can see, there was a lot of grandparent duties and everyone is breathing a sigh of relief that schools return today!

So, what does this week hold?  I have a project or two in mind!  At the weekend I completed project one which was to repaint the table that we have in the hall.  It has had many guises over the years, it started off a plain teak wooden unit.  A few years ago we/I decided it was looking a bit dated so painted it white and dark grey.  Recently we/I decided that it was looking tired and needed a bit of TLC.  So we popped into Homebase on Saturday and bought a few tester pots and it is now a very pale grey and slightly darker grey.  Now I just need to get a new basket in which to store Coco's leads and harnesses.



My next project also involves paint, but of the garden fence variety.  Today I plan for us/Paul to start brushing down the fence panels to repaint them before the plants start growing back with their summer growth.  Paul has been allocated the rubbing down process and I will be painting.  That's the plan anyway!

There is a possibility that Paul will be collecting his new car at the end of the week which will be exciting.  The weather forecast also seems to be confidently saying that temperatures are on the rise - about time too.  When I took Olive home on Wednesday it was hailing and only 2.5 degrees 🌨

How's your week looking?

8 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

You are such a blessing to your children/grandchildren. How fortunate they are to have you close & able. I really like the new look of your hall table. Oh a new car for Paul, exciting. Hopefully your weather holds out for the fencing spruce up :)

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Great job with the hallway table. I've got some teak garden furniture arriving tomorrow and intend to treat it all with oil, so that it stays pristine! Have a good week.

Ruth said...

Crikey, I feel worn out after reading about your week! Great job on the side table.

alexa said...

Oh my, that has been a busy week ... Your side table is looking very elegant with those duo tones. It's such a race this time of year in the garden, isn't it, to Get Stuff Done on a good weather day and before growth is so prolific that some jobs are no longer possible. Hoping you had a productive time with that paintbrush :).

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Your table renovation is very chic. Well done. And I imagine the fence painting project will have similar good results. We had our pergola restained and sealed and it looks much fresher. Love that spring is the season to do all of these refreshening projects. I am currently cleaning the kitchen and purging - now up to 3 boxes - glasses, vases, baby cups, baby bottles that we won't be needing (I hope). Cleaned the oven yesterday, the fridge today and want to clean the wood on the cabinets. But here I sit reading blogs and watching the news.

No wonder you were ready for a quieter week. You guys were quite busy with grandbabies and appointments. I have stepped back from subbing and a bit from helping with Lucia and Cam in order to get things done around the house and accompany PC to appointments. I hope come summer you and I both can enjoy a slower pace. XO my friend

Barbara Eads said...

I know exactly what you mean about not getting photos. When you have the whole family and are busy in the kitchen, it's easy to forget. Since my grands are all adults, I usually assign one of them to be the photographer. I love the refresh of your hall table. The fresh daffodils are an added touch! Very nice.

Deb's World said...

Good for you Deb, lots of fun grand parenting and taking on painting projects. Hope the weather starts improving!

Susanne said...

Busy week for you, but most of yours are. Nice job on the table, reminds me of a stool I want to refurbish. But alas not today, as it is my annual mammogram. Ugh.