Friday 30 June 2023

#WBOYC in June


 

Only one letter longer than May but let's see what was on my calendar in June!

J

Jamie Oliver! Did I mention this was a celebrity edition? 😉


Walking back to the car park in Saffron Walden a couple of weeks ago we passed a group of people standing around my favourite chocolate shop and as we drew close, we realised it was our local famous chef and a television crew! 

U

Unexpected time away from childcare.  The arrival of chicken pox spots on Rosie followed by Leo 10 days later meant that our normal routine of childcare was disrupted again this month.  I have honestly never seen such a bad case of CP as Leo's, poor little boy. Literally covered from the top of his head to the soles of his feet. 😢

Unfit - that's what I'm becoming!  They say that you should not exercise for about a month after having an operation on your nose (something to do with possible nose bleeds) and I hadn't realised how much I would miss my Zumba.  It's even been too hot for longer dog walks so I suspect that the first lesson back will be gruelling, especially as I will have also just have returned from holiday.

N

New flooring in our conservatory. We've been talking about it for at least a couple of years and we finally did it! So pleased that we have finally done it.

Nice weather means that we have been able to eat quite a few meals in the garden and when we had friends over it was lovely to spend all the time sitting on the patio.  Something that we never take for granted in the UK!

New blanket on my crochet hook.  I really need to start giving some of these blankets away!  It's a lovely hobby to have and I miss it when I finish a project but there are only so many blankets that we need.


E

Embarrassed to find out that what we thought was a small family get together was actually a big garden party for Paul’s cousin’s 75th birthday.  Oops. They really ought to have mentioned something on the invitation!  Fortunately we were not the only ones to think we were just attending a nice summer gathering, but it was still embarrassing.

So that was how June looked - not too much going on as I was still in recuperation mode for the beginning of the month and then it was so hot here that we didn't have the inclination to stray far from the garden.  Let's see how it looked - 1 Second Everyday





10 comments:

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Nice format, especially with June only having 4 letters! Oh I don't envy you the return to zumba after a few weeks off. I'm stiff and feeling unfit, despite the swimming, after 10 days on a sunbed in Greece. The bike and walks are quite appealing!

Patio Postcards said...

I enjoy your 1 minute reels at the end of the monthly posts. While recuperating from your surgery you still seemed to pack a lot into the month of June. Your new blanket looks very pretty & I am sure anyone receiving one of your creations would be thrilled & very thankful.

Joanne said...

Such a fun format for wrapping up the month. I really struggled with taking time off from exercising after my surgery-- I didn't realize how much I was going to miss it until I was sitting around the house recovering! The doctor could tell I had been more active than I should have been too but I assured him that walking in the woods was essentially the same was walking on the road (in my case it was a hysterectomy and I really should have been much more sedentary). Hope the poor kiddos are feeling better from their chicken pox. I was in high school when I finally had them and remember that itchy pain so well.

Lydia C. Lee said...

Oh no on the chicken pox. Hope they are all well now. You know you can get it twice - it's a big myth that you can't. So bear that in mind!! Nice idea with the letters to format it. #WBOYC

Leanne said...

Hi Deb - lovely to meet you and to catch up with what you've been up to during the month. I hope you get back into Zumba without too much trouble (I was useless at Zumba - I don't do rhythm well - too much thinking!) Fortunately I've managed to keep up my walking after my op - it was a lot easier than getting my walking back up to speed after my hip replacement last year!

Jo Tracey said...

That first class back after a break is always grueling isn't it? Fancy seeing Jamie Oliver...and looking forward to seeing how the blanket turns out. Thanks for linking up.

retirementreflections said...

Hi, Deb - Thank you for joining us at #What's Been On Your Calendar. I love your 1-Sec a Day Videos. You do an excellent job with them and they really give a great picture of your last month and your priorities. I hope that your recuperation has been going well. Sending warm wishes your way.

Deb's World said...

Hi Deb, great to see your June and I agree it's been a bit warm over here but we've been loving it. Glad you're following orders and not doing too much but I understand the worry about returning to zumba, I've been keeping active while away but will have to rein in the eating when I get home! How about seeing Jamie Oliver?? Thanks for joining us for WBOYC :)

Women Living Well After 50 said...

Hi Deb thanks for sharing your June with us at What's Been On Your Calendar? Your 1 minute reels are a great idea which I may borrow. Have a lovely July and I look forward to reading about it and watching your reel next month. x

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Did you select the colors for your latest crochet project or were they what was suggested with the pattern? Either way, they are spectacular. That blue really makes the pink pop!! This is going to be an especially lovely piece.

Had to pause the 1 Sec Every Day video to inspect Leo's spots. He did have them everywhere!! Poor baby. How in the world did you keep him from just going wild itching? Paul has been itching a lot lately. He takes Benadryl when it becomes unbearable but then becomes very drowsy.

Hope you are soon back to Zumba. PC wants to get in the pool and finally the water is delightfully warm. Hoping to call the doctor tomorrow to get an ok for him to just wade in the water. We go back to the doctor on the 28th but hate for him to have to wait 2 more weeks.

What fun to run into your favorite TV chef. I don't think anyone famous ever comes to El Paso.