Thursday 31 August 2023

#WBOYC in August

 

This month could be a little more challenging, with more letters to use, but let's have a go

A

Another pet comes to stay, smaller and less sociable than the last visitor, but noisier at night - my niece's children's hamster.


Advance booking for tickets to see Average White Band in their farewell tour in April next year! I've liked them since I was at school in the 70s and this will be the last chance to see them in concert again.

U

Untidy hair be gone!  Time for a hair cut

G

Getting together with myself sister and brother in law and cousin and partner is such a lovely thing to do.  My mum and my cousin's mum were very close.  Out of a family of six siblings they had a special relationship so it is so nice to know that our generation are keeping in close contact.  

Grandparent duties have increased since the start of the six week school holidays!

U

Unusual amount of celebrations this month (yes I am struggling to find two things to start with U) Jon & Sophie's wedding anniversary, Rachel and Leo's birthdays too.

Upgraded my phone.  The battery on my old one was not lasting long at all so I decided it was time to upgrade. This new one has face recognition rather than fingerprint to open which I feel sure is going to take a while to get used to! 

S

Smoked slow cooked pork ribs and salad - we were invited to my cousin's for a barbecue with my sister and brother in law and it was my turn to choose part of the menu.  They have a fab outdoor cooking area complete with smoker so instead of the actual BBQ grill I asked if we could try something smoked instead.  Oh my goodness, I have never tasted spare ribs so delicious 😋

T

Trying to find a date to go to our nearest seaside resort for the day was tricky due to the changeable and very wet weather that the beginning of August brought with it.  We trusted the weather app which assured us that while it was raining at home, the weather on the coast just an hour and a half away was dry and sunny - fortunately they were correct!

I wondered if my 1 Second Everyday app would transfer nicely to my new phone and it did, so here is my video for the month



Linking up with Deb's World in Australia!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think that was very impressive and clever...how you used all those letters. Even the U's. You are a creative one - and your haircut looks great! Enjoy this last day of August:)

Denyse Whelan. said...

LOVE an good Acrostic. Well done Deb, and thanks for sharing.

retirementreflections said...

Hi, Deb - Great post with lots going on for you. I hope the phone upgrade works well for you. Face Recognition is easy once you get the hang of it.
And I am super excited. Previously, I could never comment on your posts from my computer and had to use my phone. But now - ta da - Blogger has let me in!

Jo Tracey said...

I love how you use the letters of the month - it will be interesting to see how you go with September lol. Thanks for linking up with us.

Deb's World said...

You've done well with your month's letters Deb! Very creative indeed :). Have a great September.

Barbara Eads said...

Love this idea! I need to learn how to do those 1 second videos. Well, I also need to learn how to put a video on my blog!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Wonderful to catch up with you. Clever way to do your month-in-review. Sure enjoyed seeing the pictures of the grands doing all kinds of grand things. And your latest crochet project is lovely. You put together the prettiest color combinations.

How does Coco receive this 4-legged guest? I would think she would be curious about the hamster and find her entertaining. Our older kitty is not too sure about this baby kitten that found us about a month ago. But they are beginning to accept one another. The baby is very accepting and longing to hang out with the older cat.

Hope you are able to get back to the beach for a day before the weather and season's change. We broke the record today for the most triple digit temps ever. So far 63 days above 100* and a whole week of triple digits in the forecast. Ugh.