Monday 26 August 2024

Me on Monday

 So here we are again!

It was a busy week mostly involving childcare but ending with a fun evening on Friday. Our Zumba class had a 60s and 70s party. In the bottom of a box of dressing up clothes I keep here for the children I found a dress that I made about 25 years ago for a black and white party that our friends hosted.  It had a kind of Mary Quant feel to it but would it still fit and would I be brave enough to wear it? Yes and yes 


As you can see, I matched the singer who was one of the hostesses! It was such a fun evening, and of course as we are a Zumba group we were dancing all night long 😊 

Then there was a family birthday to celebrate (how can I possibly have a 38 year old ‘child’?) So one of our childcare activities involved making a cake and decorating it 


Our son headed off to France on Sunday - so no Wednesday childcare for his family this week, a whole day 'off'!  It's funny how even when your children are grown there is a part of you that still wants to 'mother' them and whilst I really wanted to say things about remembering to take driving licences and ensure insurance etc has been extended to include Europe (they are driving down there) I managed to restrain myself.  He's 34 now and what may seem to me to be gentle reminders may appear to him to be interfering! I also have to remind myself that he inter-railed around Europe when he was still in his teens without any help or advice from me and also lived in Tanzania for a summer when still in uni.  Hard to turn off the 'mum' gene though!

After a full on week last week it feels nice to have some free days this week - it's Leo's 8th birthday on Thursday and they have a family trip to the zoo planned so that's another day 'off' too!  I'm ending the week with lunch out with old school friends so it feels a lot less stressful to when I typed my post this time last week!


3 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

I like your black & white dress. That cake looks delicious - Victoria Sponge? Enjoy your child minding free week ! :)

Barbara Eads said...

That dress looks amazing on you. I think you should put it back in your wardrobe! It sounds like a fun party--I could dance all night!

Ruth said...

Your black & white dress is fabulous - very Mary Quant! Enjoy both your child-free week and that cake (if there is any left!).