Monday 19 August 2024

Me on Monday

 These weeks are flying by!  I guess that's a sign of being busy.  We had an unexpected day off from childcare on Thursday when Leo and Rosie had a last minute invitation to go to a friend's house, for a while I was at a loss as to how to fill the free time - but that didn't last long.  Last week there was also Granny Square day (something only a crocheter would celebrate) but I happily spent my extra 'me' time getting on with the cardigan I am making Rachel.



This will be the back of the cardigan and I've now also made enough for one of the sleeves so I guess I am officially half way through.  I still think I'm going to have to order some more black yarn though.

Last week we tried a new craft with Leo and Rosie, and then with Max and Olive the following day,  Cyanotype printing.  I bought a pack of the special sun sensitive paper and we laid objects on each sheet, left it in the sunshine for a couple of minutes, then plunged it into a bowl of cold water and a print of the image appeared on the paper.  To be honest, I think I was as impressed as the children were!




So what does this week hold?  Well I think I have a day to myself today which will be nice, a trip to Saffron Walden for coffee and a walk then a bit more crocheting may be going on!  I have another 'knit and natter' lunchtime on Friday, it will be nice to show them something different on my hook other than the blanket I seem to have been working on for ages.  

Zumba is back from a three week break this week and we have our summer party on Friday evening.  The theme is 60s and 70s and I have a choice of two outfits.  Years ago I made a black and white Mary Quant style dress for a fancy dress party.  I found it in with the children's dressing up clothes, gave it a wash and amazingly it still fits.  So I may wear that for fun, but I also have a long flowery maxi dress that I could wear as a nod to the 70s.  I'll see how I feel on the day and will report back next week.

What does your week have in store for you?  



5 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

The Cyanotype printing craft looks interesting to do. I'm going to see if our local craft store has anything like this. The cardigan is coming along nicely.

Ruth said...

How lovely to have a week full of things just for you! That cyanotype printing looks like a lot of fun!

Jennifer said...

I have to admit that craft is rather impressive. Would be fun to decide what to print on the paper. I can imagine all kinds of fun. Bonus nana points for you:) I do hope you will share your outfit of choice. I don't remember tons about the 60s but could definitely have fun with the 70s!!:)

Barbara Eads said...

Your sweater is working up pretty quickly. Love the color combination. Can't wait to see you model it.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Hope you will share pictures of both of your possible Zumba costumes. They sound very different and very cute. Glad Zumba has returned.

You have made grand progress on the cardigan. Can't wait to see it finished. Please tell Rachel she HAS to model it for us. The crochet class I am thinking of signing up for starts the first week of September. Having paid for it yet. Just keep wondering if I need another hobby!!

Thank you so much for sharing your craft activity with me earlier and here again. Have my cyanotype paper in my Amazon cart. Thinking this might be a gret science fair project for Lucia and Cami.