Thursday 11 February 2010

Suitable clothing

Last week, my daughter and I spent the whole of our day off clearing out her bedroom. And I mean clearing out. Every drawer was emptied, every basket cleared of contents which were then re-folded neatly, every hanger taken out the wardrobe, all garments on the floor put out to wash etc etc. It took all day but at the end of it she had a tidy bedroom, the charity shop had two bin liners full of unwanted clothes and the wheelie bin had 5 bags of rubbish squidged down inside it. And I got a new suit. It was obviously her 'interview suit' from after she graduated from university and it had been folded up and stuffed in a storage box under her bed. I rescued it from the charity bag as it was a size ten and from the Petite range at Next. Clearly calling out for me to wear it!
Today I wore it to work. Felt really smart, in my fitted jacket, pencil skirt with a little kick panel at the back, wore it with a smart polka dot blouse with tiny ruffles down the front. Such smartness deserved a bit more effort with the mascara and a darker lippy.
The whole office is now convinced that I was off to an interview after work! Do I normally look so scruffy that turning up in a smart suit could only mean one thing? Still, doesn't hurt to keep them guessing eh?!

9 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

What a great feeling to clean out a space like that. I'm sure your daughter loves it now.

Funny suit story. :o) Co-workers can be so suspicious at times, eh? LOL

Rachel Brett said...

Your new suit sounds lovely Deb and how funny that your co-workers now think that, I would leave them guessing. Hehe :)

humel said...

Clearly the time for clearing out daughters' bedrooms! Look out The Girl.... (Though I think her clothes might be a touch too small for me! In fact, by the time she's finished with them, they're generally not in a fit state for ANYONE else. *sigh*.....)

I'm all in favour of keeping colleagues on their toes :-)

Denise said...

I'm so jealous that you can wear a size ten ! keep em guessing :-)

scrappyjacky said...

Sadly our massive sort and tidy of DD's bedroom today hasn't left me with any lovely new clothes...and even sadder they definately wouldn't fit me....but at least she also has a tidy bedroom [briefly anyway!]

Amy said...

Erm ... where's the picture of all of this smartness????
Will attack daughter's cupboards this weekend - it must be in the air!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Definitely in the air! DD is growing so fast that we clear out every couple months it seems. I love the description of you in the pencil skirt! And, as my mom used to say, "a fresh application of lipstick, and I'm ready to face the world."
Rinda

Sian said...

Yes, keep 'em guessing! We need to do a big clear out too and I'm not looking forward to it lol Your suit sounds like an excellent lucky find.

scrappyjacky said...

Yep...definately remember Bill and Ben as well!!