Sunday 21 June 2020

It's all in the mindset

Isn't it strange how nothing has changed since my last post, and yet this weekend things do't seem so bad (or unfair!)  It seems like a lot of people find that some days, for no obvious reason, are easier than others.


💙💙💙
It's Father's Day today, the first one for my son so he is busy being spoilt at home (apparently his little boy was so excited about it being Father's Day that he woke up at 2.30 am ready to start the day!) and our daughter will be popping round a little later to spend some time with Paul (weather permitting!).  This will be the 32nd Father's Day that I have missed with my dad - I really was a 'daddy's girl' and I think you can see that from this photo taken on my wedding day.



I was one lucky girl to have him as my dad!  While I am sad that he is no longer here, I am so grateful for the 29 years I had him in my life.  
💙💙💙

One thing that has brightened my mood this week has been the discovery of Michael Spicer.  Have you heard of him?  He's from The Room Next Door .  Imagine a politician giving a speech, wired up to an adviser in the 'room next door' telling him what to say.  And then the politician totally ignoring him and doing their own thing ... It really does make me laugh, and let's be honest, there are a lot of politicians out there giving him perfect material at the moment, both home and across the Atlantic!  

My Zumba teacher said that on the week beginning 29 June there is likely to be an announcement about restrictions on exercise classes being lifted and there is a tiny possibility that our class may be able to resume in a hall, subject to numbers.  The hall we use is large and airy, we would be able to open doors and windows on all sides to keep good ventilation and it may be that so long as it was run at half the full capacity we may be able to return sooner than we thought.  It would be so good, as although it is fun to do in your own home, it isn't quite the same as being in a group so I have my fingers firmly crossed.

Leo and Max returned to nursery this week.  Max is in a group of three and settled straight back in, even though he'd only been about six times before lockdown started.  Leo was chomping at the bit to get back to nursery, there's only 7 in his 'bubble' (usually it is a class of 30) and he's only there for two mornings but he's so happy to be back and wasn't too fazed by having his temperature checked by a teacher in full face visor before he was allowed in the gate.  

Today as a Father's Day treat, we are planning to have a take away Sunday lunch from The Giggling Squid, a fab Thai restaurant in town.  They do a lunchtime Thai tapas menu where you get four mini portions of different dishes and I can hardly wait ... Is 10.30am too early to start looking at the menu?  😉









4 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy Fathers' Day to the dads in your family. x
My brother, who doesn't usually mark any event, sent me a photo of our dad this morning - one that I don't recall ever having seen before. :) It would have been Dad's 78th birthday last week, so he's been on my mind a lot recently.

I hope you've enjoyed your Giggling Squid lunch. :)

Patio Postcards said...

What a lovely photo of you & your Dad. I chuckled at the name, Giggling Squid, but hope everyone enjoyed their lunch. Too bad that your son had to celebrate his first Father's Day in lockdown style.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

I hope all the Dads in your family had a good day. I like the sound of the Giggling Squid and I love the name. Hopefully it won't be too long until your zumba ladies can get together again. We'll have to see what Boris says later.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

You do have such an adoring look on your face in the wedding photo with your father. I know he was a great guy because he raised such a sweet daughter. I was probably a daddy's girl, too. My father had a very odd sense of humor and was kind of hard to get to know. I miss him.

Glad your 'boys' are back in nursery. Lucia is, too. She has 10 children in her class...all children of essential workers. They are talking about taking baby Camila to nursery or day care half a day starting her sixth month birthday in July. Lucia has adjusted very well to going back. And they have 'water fun' on Friday which makes it even more exciting.

Our governor for the state of Texas is telling us to stay home and go out only when essential again. Ugh. We may not be able to go back to normal. We have had about 500 new cases in our city in the last 4 days. And the mask wearing restriction is back on. I am saving on lipstick!!