Tuesday 30 June 2020

Summertime Scavenger Hunt Link up

I can't believe that it is time for the first 'show and tell' for the summertime scavenger hunt organised by Marie-Lou over at Patio Postcards.  Normally I would probably had a summer holiday overseas by now and ticked off about half of the subjects but lockdown has only just started to relax so I've not been too far afield!

I only have a few to share and I haven't really chosen my final ones for each category so bear with me!

No 2 - Something with or in a knot


When I did my first Zoom Pilates class, I realised I needed a strength band and had to hunt through the cupboards to find one I'd been given by a physio when I had a frozen shoulder.  In the end I found two but they'd been in the cupboard so long they had dried out and kind of stuck together in a knot shape.  Fortunately only one had perished!


I haven't worn earrings much since we've been confined to home but when we went to friends on Thursday evening I sorted through my jewellery box and realised that these earrings are perfect for a traditional knot shape.  Now, which photo should I use?

No 7 - Something that displays a rule.  Well, where to start? No shortage of posters showing rules at the moment!


And then there is this one which is not Covid-19 related!


No 8 - A leaf longer than your hand



Can't decided between the two!

No 15 Something inherited

Also a bit of a puzzle so if anyone can tell me what this is, I'd be really grateful. 

It's about the size of my thumb, and this is one side of it.  On the other side it looks like this


And when you push down on his hat, the tongue sticks out!


We have no idea what it is, it was found in a box in my mum's bedside table and if anyone can shed some light on it, I'd be really grateful!

Hopefully next month I will have more photos to share as lockdown reduces and we can go further afield!

8 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Deb thanks for joining in. I like those knot earrings & yes let's find out what Tongue Man is for ...

Ruth said...

Ooh, we absolutely need to know more about Tongue Man. :)

Melissa said...

Great finds! The rules sign is definitely representative of these unprecedented times.

That small head is certainly interesting. What does is say along the hat rim? With that little loop, it could have been from a key chain or a zipper pull.

Eileen T said...

Some great finds. Please will you let us know what it says on the hat rim and also if there is any symbols stamped on the bottom? Thanks.

Nil @ The Little House by the Lake said...

Hehee I also would like to more about the Tongue Man.

Between the two photos of knots, I really like the earrings. They are so unusual and pretty.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Great shots. I want to do this and need to re-download the prompts. Glad you could salvage at least one of the exercise bands. Those knotted earrings are so chic. But I am afraid I have no idea what that little bauble is - the man in the hat. Reminds me of a thimble. Could it be a charm of some sort? Very unique piece.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Great shots. I want to do this and need to re-download the prompts. Glad you could salvage at least one of the exercise bands. Those knotted earrings are so chic. But I am afraid I have no idea what that little bauble is - the man in the hat. Reminds me of a thimble. Could it be a charm of some sort? Very unique piece.

Squirrelbasket said...

Lovely choices - but that little man with the tongue is so frustrating. It seems so familiar yet I can't think what it would be apart from some sewing or jewellery clasp or gadget. I was rather hoping someone would have the answer!
I look forward to more interesting items next month :)