Monday 31 July 2023

Me on Monday

 That title should read 'me on a very wet miserable Monday!  The good old British summer seems to have deserted us in our corner of the country and the forecast for the next few days is more of the same.

So we are back to being a one dog family and Coco was much relieved to see Daisy's belongings being packed up and handed over!  She wasn't too much trouble but it was obvious that Coco was a bit stressed by her being here.  However, we all survived the week (that became ten days).  As we were loathe to leave the two of them here on their own we tended to go out individually last week so I don't have much to report!

I did escape to go to Zumba and then meet up for lunch with my author friend so it wasn't a complete stay at home week!

I bumped into my daughter's friend who had been evacuated from Rhodes due to the forest fires and it sounded dreadful.  They had to leave their hotel at short notice with no belongings, walk five miles to get a small boat to transfer them to a ferry to take them further along the coast.  Then two nights sleeping in a school before being accommodated in a hotel.  Bad enough for adults, but they had two children aged 4 and 7 with them, the eldest of which is autistic who panics when routines aren't followed.  What a nightmare.  It's just so sad to see the news footage, I'm not sure that the affected areas of Rhodes will get back to welcoming tourists for a year or more.

Once Daisy had been handed over we attended Max's 4th birthday party - it was lovely to see him and his friends having lots of fun.  Bouncy castle, sandwiches in the garden, games and cake - what more could you need?  Hard to believe he is off to school in a few weeks time, he must surely be the youngest in his year group.

We don't have too many plans this week due to the weather forecast. So I am hopeful for a bit of time working on this 


I didn't get any done last week as Daisy decided that a ball of wool looked like a good plaything so I just hid it all from sight so that little paws and claws didn't do any damage to my hard work!  

Have a good week!


6 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

I'm sure Coco was first in line to say goodbye to sweet little Daisy. Your latest crochet project is a stunning pattern & looks like a lot of work. Our weather for most of July was a mix of rainy days & hot humid days. This is perfect weather for corn so I am hoping to get some sweet corn for eating later this week.

♥ Liz ♥ said...

It's raining here too and I'm using the indoor time to finish off some of my crochet projects. Your new blanket looks lovely. I can't wait to see it all together. I'm pleased that Daisy didn't had a good time with you, but also pleased that Coco now has you all to herself again.

Barbara Eads said...

I can't believe that little Max is 4! Where is the time going? Apparently, you aren't wasting any! I love your new crocheting patterns. This one is going to be stunning!

Ruth said...

It's raining in West London as well!
How can Max already be four? Time really does fly! I hope that your friend's son has recovered from the holiday drama and that he is feeling much more settled.

Jennifer said...

It is amazing how one little pup can change schedules and....well, just about everything!:) So glad that everyone survived. And happiest wishes to Max! It does sound like the perfect celebration!! Happy Monday, my friend!

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

Poor Coco! Not keen on doggy guests.
Yes the Rhodes business is terrible and very sad. I suspect it will affect bookings next year.