Monday 2 October 2023

Me on Monday

 Hello!

I'm very happy to report that this week I am not writing about bad backs - other than to report a vast improvement, strict following of back strengthening and stretching exercises and a follow up osteopath appointment.  I even managed to go to Zumba last week.  It has been a bit of a week for medical appointments one way or another though.

Our granddaughter went into hospital on Friday to have grommets inserted to help with her 'glue ear'.  They were possibly going to remove her adenoids as well but it wasn't necessary in the end thankfully. I'm so pleased it has been done now, it's been delayed and cancelled quite a bit due to doctor's strikes.

Coco had her heart scan and has just tipped over the border line for needing treatment so she now has tablets to take but will hopefully keep her asymptomatic for a while longer.  You'd never know it was an issue, she's still always up for a long walk twice a day!



Regular readers will know I am a total wimp when it comes to dentists so I wasn't happy about the prospect of a check up on Friday but I was quickly out of the chair and skipping down the street when I was given the all clear for another six months.

So this Monday finds me starting the week with another osteopath appointment this afternoon where hopefully I will be told I am well on the way to full recovery.  We are ending the week with a visit to friends who live near the sea side so I'm hoping the weather forecast is correct and we can squeeze in one more walk along the beach this year.  

Now, can anyone help me with a problem that I seem to be having with regards to leaving comments on other blogs?  Not all blogs but a few that I used to regularly comment on.  Sometimes I see no comment box at all, and sometimes I think I've filled everything in and left a comment, only to get a message saying 'your comment could not be posted' - it's very frustrating and there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it.  It seems to happen mostly on my iMac computer and I wondered if it was Safari playing up, but then I can comment on my iPad and that uses the same operating system.  So if I used to comment on your blog and I seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth, I am still here, I am still reading and enjoying all you have to say, and if the technology would let me, I would be leaving a comment!



4 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Deb that is good news about the dentist. I certainly share in your discomfort of the dentist visits. Yeah that Coco can take tablets to help with her heart health. I understand dogs are easier to tablet than cats; do you hide in cheese or a treat pocket?

As for leaving comments, I have switched my search engine/platform several times hoping that would help, but even that hasn't been a 100% guarantee of success. I find using Edge or Chrome the latest successful ones. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Ruth said...

Lots of health worries and concerns for your loved ones of late - good to know that things are looking better. Well done for going to your dental check-up; dentists are what I call a necessary evil. :(

Barbara Eads said...

Wow! That's a lot of doctor appointments. But at least they are out of the way for awhile! About commenting--it can be so darn frustrating. I don't think it's your computer. I'm a Mac user too. When that's happened to me I've just had to ride it out and finally it started working again. I remember emailing my comments to someone when I just couldn't get my comments to post. So frustrating.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Now that you mention it, I remember your dislike of the dentist. I am about the same way. I get pretty nervous. And I guess I've passed that fear along to my daughters because Brennyn has found a dentist who will give her laughing gas for everything. Glad your appointment was quick and is now behind you.

I have not heard the term glue ear. But that sounds very much like what Declan has experienced. He has not been sick - knock on wood - with an ear infection in sometime. But has had other issues. Poor baby. Poor Rosie. Hope this brings her much relief.

How did you know something was up with my friend Coco's heart? She has always been so active. I am glad she has medication and hope she will continue living a big life.

Glad you are back to Zumba. I know you love it so. Keep up the good work with the exercises and stretches.