Monday 30 October 2023

Me on Monday

 I will start this post with a quote that my friend sent me:

"An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again.  Anything longer than that, and you start to age quickly."  Gene Perret

So I think I'm starting this week quite a few years older than I started last week!  Let's just say it was half term and so I had two full days of excited children.  Followed by a 2nd birthday party for Olive on Saturday 



and then Rachel and family here for lunch on Sunday.  I bought a pack of loom bands that I thought would be fun to do with Leo and Rosie, I think I enjoyed making things with them as much as they did.  However I keep finding the little bands in the most curious of places in the house - they do travel when they ping off the loom!

I'm hoping today to go to an Outlet centre not far from here.  I am still on a quest for a new pair of trainers and they have lots of sports shops there.  They also have a Lindt chocolate shop, so if I don't find any trainers, I can at least console myself with some delicious chocolate 😁

We have a meal booked with friends for lunch on Friday - we haven't got together as a six for almost a year so that will be nice.  We're doing a lunch rather than dinner in the evening as I think we will be in for a traumatic couple of evenings at the end of the week. It is Guy Fawkes celebrations this coming weekend and there will be fireworks going off in lots of places.  Poor Coco, she really does hate the flashes and bangs.

Have a good week!

8 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

What a cute cake. You are a good parent to take on all those grandchildren for full days. Also I would throw in brave (col).

We have Halloween to content with this week (Tuesday) but maybe not so many out as forecast is cold & that "S" stuff. I just cannot bring myself to use the word yet.

Hope you have fun at the lunch for six. Sending Coco some positive energy to fight off the fears ... BBC time for Coco?

Gail Is This Mutton? said...

You must have the patience of a saint Deb, I can only manage an hour and a half with the step grandchildren and that's with their parents present! Lovely looking cake. Hope all goes well with Coco.

Ruth said...

That looks like a fun cake - did you make it? Fireworks have already started here and poor Tilly is demented!

Hena Tayeb said...

Nice of you to get to spend some time with your grands. It's great when they are at an age where you can do activities with them.
Hope you find those trainers and treat yourself to some chocolate anyway.

Barbara Eads said...

I love that quote! I think it's so true! I always said that I would like to see my grands every day, but just for a half hour! Now they are all grown, so they can stay as long as they want. They still wear me out, but in a different way!! They are precious at any age!

Jennifer said...

I like that attitude. Not a good shopping trip...there is always good chocolate!!:) I'm behind in blog reading but hope your week is going well and things are not too loud and firey for Coco!!:)

♥ Liz ♥ said...

It's funny how you forget that playing all day is tiring :0) I hope you got both trainers and chocolate from your shopping trip.

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

We love our grandbabies so much but they can be exhausting. Lucia has a holiday from school this coming Friday. I am toying with the idea of having them come spend the day or maybe the afternoon with me. But I am already tired thinking about it!! Would like for them to come and for us to just color, and go to the park and play Barbies and have a peaceful day.

Hope the fireworks didn't bother you guys or Coco too much. My kitties are scared of fireworks, too. And I feel so sad for the stray animals who don't have a safe place to hide from them.

Did you find the trainers and celebrate with chocolate? Athletic shoes are so expensive. I just got some new shoes to wear for running on the treadmill. Hated paying the money for them but they have been very comfy.