Friday 27 October 2023

#WBOYC in October

 


OK October, let's see what you had in store for me ...

Osteopath appointment within the first few days - not a good start to the month! Fortunately I'm following the exercises she gave me and I'm seeing an improvement as the month progresses. 

I ended the month with an O too - my annual opticians appointment. I was really expecting to need a new pair of glasses but apparently my prescription doesn't need changing.  My bank account was happy but I was a little bit disappointed as I'd convinced myself it was time for new frames!

Crocheting is still coming along nicely, as the nights cool down it’s very comforting to have an almost finished blanket on your lap in the evening 


Also Catching up with a friend I met when we both had our first jobs forty three years ago - can it really be that long?  We lost touch for a few years in the early 2000s but have started meeting up more regularly again in the last few years which is so nice.

Not to mention Central heating being switched on again - the early mornings definitely have a chill to them now.

Tree in our back garden had to be cut down as it has died.  It was about 40 years old so we were sad to see it go but the gap where it was doesn’t look so bad as we thought it might.



Out of the ordinary sunny October days meant we were able to add a last beach day of the year to the calendar not to mention a summer barbecue in the garden with friends 😊

Bye bye to our Zumba teacher for 6 months while she travels around South America - what an adventure!  

Exciting Latin flavoured party as part of her farewell celebrations (thank goodness the osteopath had fixed my back as part of the afternoon included a salsa class!)

Receiving our Flu jab and Covid booster, thankfully no side effects to either. Both were easy to book and were sorted nice and early before winter sets in. Also Replacing our summer duvet with a heavier weight one once the temperatures dropped.

Another month bites the dust and here's a 1 Second Everyday recap



Deb in Australia Co-hosts the WBOYC blog posts, so please do pop over there to see what she has been doing this month.


8 comments:

Deb's World said...

Hi Deb, your month has been a mixed bag and I can't believe you managed a beach day so late in the year! Thanks for joining us for WBOYC and all the best for November, stay warm!

Jo Tracey said...

Thanks for joining us again this month with the link up. I can't wait to see what you do with November's letters.

retirementreflections said...

Hi, Deb - Thank you for joining us for WBOYC. I always enjoy reading your posts. Mid Vancouver Island has also had an exceptionally warm October. Is it too much to ask for this to continue into November?! :D

tchistorygal said...

Your post is so colorful. Blankets are out in Prescott, AZ but not yet in Scottsdale. Cooled off there is under 110 degrees! Have a wonderful November.

Barbara Eads said...

Okay, I've enjoyed this from you every month and always think I need to give it a try. And then, I forget about it. I'm going to see if I can do it. I might have to get creative to come up with something for each letter. As for the awesome 60 second video---fuggeddaboutit!. I don't think I have the technological ability for that!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Women Living Well After 50 said...

HI Deb, thanks so much for sharing your month with us at #WBOYC? Your crochet work is lovely and South America will certainly be an adventure for your Zumba instructor. So much to do in this world at home and away isn't there?

Anonymous said...

Your yard is beautiful with or without the tree. Lovely crochet work. Love the video recap! Might try to learn how to do that. Bernie from Www.equipoiselife.wordpress.com

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

Hope the rain has ceased. Your photo through the rain-streaked window is very pretty.
Love seeing my friend Coco and the grands in the video. You look very pretty. Will a new Zumba teacher fill in while your regular teacher is off on her adventure?

Deb, your latest afghan is my favorite yet. I like the scattered flowers. And those colors are so pretty together. Who is the lucky recipient? Have you made one for each of the grands? One for yourself? I would really like to learn to crochet well enough to make an afghan, too.

Wishing you a quiet week. Will try to get by more regularly. Miss catching up with you.