Wednesday 30 December 2009

10 things for 10 years


Over at Scrappyjacky's she did a blog post about 10 things she has now that she didn't have at the beginning of the decade and I'm inspired to follow suit:


  1. A job. I left work to have a baby in 1986 and manage to evade going back to work until 2000. I did do voluntary work at our children's school but declared at one minute past midnight on Jan 1st 2000 that I would go back to paid employment and by February I was working again.

  2. My little Mini. I love my car. It isn't fancy but I love it! Swapped the VW Polo in 2004 for a silver Mini One. No regrets.

  3. A conservatory. We toyed with the idea for a couple of years, wondering if we would use it much. Now I wonder how we managed without it.

  4. Grown up children. Back in 2000 they were aged 13 and 9 and still technically 'young'. Boy, these last 10 years have seen some changes in them!

  5. A few extra pounds. At 5' 1" I weigh in at 8st 4lb which is absolutely fine but 2 years ago I found myself a stone heavier and enough was enough! I now go to a Rosemary Conley class to keep myself on the straight and narrow as I am easily led astray.

  6. Grey hair. Well hidden grey hair, but grey nonetheless. Highlights are now an essential rather than a fashion statement!

  7. A blog. Who'd have thought it? Not sure I even knew what a blog was back in 2000.

  8. Scrapbooking. Huge thanks to my friend Denise for introducing me to my new hobby

  9. Renewed friendships with old school friends. Friends Reunited was a great thing in the early 2000s, and we had a few school reunions. It was great to meet up with old friends again. Several of those rediscovered friendships are still going strong through the auspices of Facebook now!

  10. More free time. Now the kids are 'off hand' - one at uni and one working my days don't revolve around school pickups etc. My job is only part time so I have more time for me nowadays.
    So that's my ten things, anyone else out there care to join in?

Last month I missed out going to the crop I normally go to in Welwyn Garden City but my friend Denise picked up a kit for me and this afternoon I've made the first layout using the photo of the Fab Family Females that I took on Boxing Day. Photo at top of page!

4 comments:

Sian said...

Friends Reunited! You're right, that's a good one. I have at least one school friend back I didn't have 10 years ago. Great list.

scrappyjacky said...

Great to see your list....must admit when I was doing my list...never thought about the fact that my 'kids' were still kids back then......and that's a really big difference!!

Denise said...

I love the way you have done this layout,the lace looks lovely along the bottom -no need for a fence! and I also love the strategically placed Quality Street!-!,am now off to compile my list of 10 years....xx

Amy said...

Great list Deb - I'm going to have to work on mine.