Monday 3 May 2010

Back to earth

Well, we certainly covered some miles yesterday with our House Party Blog and it was fantastic to see what everyone had done with their kits that Rinda had sent out. Amazing how different people interpret different raw materials - it was certainly fun to see the finished results.
It was certainly an eventful day on Saturday. The crop that was organised by the lovely ladies at Eclectic Keepsakes was such good fun. I had just about got over the stress of having to collate 22 pictures when Shimelle announced that we were going to be making 16 pages. I did wonder if I had inadvertantly booked in for a week long course rather than just the one day but she smiled confidently and I was reminded of the saying 'Keep Calm and Eat a Cupcake' which was quite handy really as she had, indeed, arrived with a tray of cupcakes!

Dear reader, you do know that I will be presenting you with these pages over the coming days and so here is the opening page. I had chosen the theme of family but did not have any previously unscrapped photos of us as a group. They would rather walk over hot coals than pose for a photo so I resorted to cutting and pasting individual pictures onto one print. It kind of reminds me of the opening credits for the old US comedy show The Brady Bunch

So you can see the kind of colours and tones of papers that we got to use and we all just loved them. There was also a theme going on with the patterned butterflies on top of circles and also the little white tags. I loved the paper with the little blue birds in a row with random sparkly pink ones so much that I 'accidentally' bought another sheet to bring home ;-) I loved the way that Shimelle got us all to finish all those pages to a basic level and then sent us home to embellish them more personally. Too often I've made a title for something because I've been put on the spot and it will be good to give some thought to each page. She's going to send through more info on suggestions for additions to the pages and I really am looking forward to completing the album. It was such a good day and I still can't believe I've actually attended a crop being taught by Shimelle, but here's the proof -



8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Looking forward to seeing it all,Deb....looks like it's going to be wonderful.How great to actually go to a Shimelle crop.

Denise said...

Lovely photo of you and Shimelle,it was a good day wasn't it,and went so quickly.xx

humel said...

You lucky thing :-) Looks like it was an amazing day, and will be an amazing album! Looking forward to seeing the rest xx

Jennifer Grace said...

the page looks great deb, I'm looking forward to seeing more!

I'd have 'accidentally' bought another sheet of that birdie paper too - I love it! What make is it?

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Oh, I love the photo of you with Shimelle - SO cute! And your layout is lovely too. I'm so glad you got to participate in this crop, and looking forward to seeing the rest of your creations.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Lucky girl! Love the butterflies, and am definitely looking forward to the rest of the album.
Rinda

Sian said...

Wow, did you really manage to do all those pages? Sounds like so much fun! Lovely photo :)

Amy said...

Ooooh, you lucky girl! What a great day and the opening page is lovely Deb :-)