Wednesday 24 April 2019

Missing on Monday

I missed my Me on Monday post.  Even if I could have found time to do it, my mind wasn't on blog posting.

We had a pretty traumatic Easter.  We ended up having Leo come to stay with us for 3 days and nights which normally would be lovely but he was here because his baby sister was in hospital.  I've kept brave and strong so far because that's what you have to do when you're in charge of a toddler who started to wonder where Rosie and Mummy and Daddy were but now that the crisis is over I think there is a chance that I may dissolve into tears at the slightest most random thing.

I won't go into details but after a blood test which had very irregular results, there were many consultations with Great Ormond Street Hospital in London and a real chance that she would be sent there for a bone marrow biopsy under general anaesthetic.  

However, later blood tests showed a dramatic improvement and they were allowed home last night with follow up tests next week.  It is possible that it may have been a virus which attacked her immune system but no conclusive answers at the moment.  I don't think any of us have been so scared, whilst putting on brave supportive faces.

I'll be back for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.  Meanwhile, I think a day of doing not very much at all is on the cards.

3 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Oh my Deb so sorry to hear about that scare - I cannot imagine the anxiety. Thankfully Rosie has been sent home all possible body parts are crossed in a positive follow up next week. Sending you lots of hugs.

Ruth said...

I might be late in reading this, but am still sending you all a massive hug! Hopefully wee Rosie is now on the mend.

Barbara Eads said...

OMGosh! What a scare! I hope you only get good news here on out!