Saturday 18 January 2020

Alternative worlds

When I started this blog I couldn't think of a name so thought I would just call it 'Deb's World', a view into what is going on in my life and a place to share my hobbies.  In 2019 I discovered that there is another Deb's World, but that one is on the opposite side of the world to me, in Tumbarumba, Australia.  But there were many similarities - the other Deb is a similar age, is early retired, has been married for exactly the same amount of years and welcomed a new grandchild into her family last year.  If you read back through her posts (and I recommend you do!) you will see that she has had a pretty eventful life.  She's just returned home after a long holiday in the UK, to find that although the bushfires have burnt through her home town, her home is safe.  

She ends her blog post today with the following quote which really resonated with me, so I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it -

Life is amazing. 
And then it's awful. 
And then it's amazing again. 
And in between the amazing and awful it's ordinary and mundane and routine. 
Breathe in the amazing, hold on through the awful, and relax and exhale during the ordinary. 
That's just living heartbreaking, soul-healing, amazing, awful, ordinary life.  And it's breathtakingly beautiful.

L.R. Knost

Isn't that the truth?  

Have a good weekend x

7 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

That rings true about life, anyone's life. Thanks for sharing Deb.

alexa said...

Thar's an inspiring thing to read and think about ... How tickled pink you must have been to discover her blog and all the coincidences!

Cheri said...

So true! Since 2020 started I've been mostly in the "awful" phase, but I know the mundane and amazing will come back around soon!

Ruth said...

Isn't that lovely, and so very true.

Deb's World said...

Oh thanks so much for mentioning me in your post Deb! It's been lovely reading of our parallel lives and finding all the similarities. I also love that quote and it says it all just perfectly doesn't it??

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

You two Debs are among my favorite bloggers and folks. I used to get you guys mixed up. First I thought there was just one Deb's World and the blog design was always changing. Then I realized there were two of you with the same name. So many similarities in your lives. Wish you could have met up when Deb was in England with Dottie.

That poem or quote is such an accurate definition of life. I am living for a few mundane, quiet days!! Just a few and then I will be raring to go again.

Barbara Eads said...

I had this post on my reading list for quite awhile now. Self-Quarantining is giving me lots of time to catch up with things. I've borrowed your borrowed quote for a post I'm doing for tomorrow! Seems really perfect right now. I hope you and yours are safe. I'm sure I'll find out when I get caught up with you!