Friday 10 January 2020

One photo Twenty words

I'm a day late in posting this, we had planned to spend yesterday viewing care homes for M-I-L with the view to moving her at some point soon.  On our return home from viewing three homes we had a call to say she had taken another fall and the decision of 'if and when' has now been made for us.  I think that we all realise that the time has come and whilst it is sad, she's lost all confidence on living in her own home on her own.  It will be reassuring to have her quite literally five minutes walk from our house and knowing she has someone keeping an eye on her 24 hours a day.  

So from one generation to another:

One photo: Twenty words


It's amazing how, with the right people on the job, clearing up one mess can make a whole new mess.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

Sweet photo!
I hope everything goes smoothly for your MiL and the wider family. It's a huge transition but one supported by love and dignity.

Cheri said...

I can only imagine how simultaneously difficult and relieving it must be to have the decision made for you. Not one you want to make but hopefully MiL will be happy with your choice!

onceuponatimehappilyeverafter.com said...

I am so sorry your MIL has taken another fall. We swear my mother is made of rubber, she has fallen so many times and not badly hurt herself. Hope I am not jinxing her. I know the downsizing and moving can be very trying. Hope you have help to make the job easier.

Your fellas look up to the job of moving. So helpful in washing the wall or brick. Dynamic duo.

Patio Postcards said...

Such a cute photo of Grandson & Grandfather ...

I'm sorry to hear that your MiL had another fall. Having her closer will definitely lift her spirits & ease your worries knowing she's cared for 24/7

alexa said...

Your caption raised a smile here this morning :). I am glad to hear that something is now in place which gives you all greater security and peace of mind - these decisions can be so hard in the making.